Today ill be bringing you a really easy tutorial for a super cute mani!
- 2 Polishes of your choice.
- Matte top coat (optional )
- Tweezers (optional)
All you're going to do is cut a medium sized piece of tape and tape it on a flat surface.
- Choose the color you want your striping tape to be, I'll be using Essie's "No place like chrome".
- Apply a fair layer of the silver polish and let it dry for about 30 minutes (while you;re waiting get your hands manicure ready!)
Here I've already removed old polish, filed my nails down and applied base coat.
3. Apply the 2nd color you chose on your nails and wait for it to dry, I'm using Playdate by Essie as well.
I wouldn't recommend using a top coat yet because you will later on. You don't want to end up with too many coats on your nails.
Once your nails and the tape are completely dry you might proceed to the cutting.
- Just cut the tape to the desired size. I wanted it to look exactly like the tape you can get online.
2. Place the tape on your nail. ( I use tweezers to place it to make it a little easier )
3. Use the tweezers to gently push the tape down in place.
5.Wait for it to dry
You might have seen little scissors like these laying around your house.
Today these will be very useful to us. Since they have a round edge to them we will use them to perfectly cut the extra tape off the sides of our nails.
Make sure that the polish is completely dry before doing this to avoid the risk of pulling the tape off the nail and smudging all the polish.
Here's the final result! :) If you don't feel like waiting for your striping tape to arrive in the mail, or just want to save yourself a few bucks here's an easy way to do it with stuff you have laying around your home!!
Thanks for reading as always. <3